What's Canico like?
When you stay in Canico, you can easily get to the seaside or visit its spas. Enjoy fun activities in the neighbourhood such as swimming. Take time to see places such as Reis Magos Beach and Ponta da Oliveira while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Palheiro Golfe.
How to get to Canico
Canico is located 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the heart of Santa Cruz.
- Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from Canico
Things to see and do in and around Canico
What to see in Canico
- Reis Magos Beach
- Ponta da Oliveira
Things to do near Canico:
- Palheiro Golfe (1.3 mi/2 km away)
- Madeira Botanical Garden (3.5 mi/5.6 km away)
- Funchal Farmers Market (3.8 mi/6.2 km away)
- CR7 Museum (4.4 mi/7.2 km away)
- Madeira Casino (4.6 mi/7.4 km away)
When is the best time to visit Santa Cruz?
- Hottest months: September, August, October, July (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: March, February, April, January (average 17°C)
- Rainiest months: January, December, November, October (average 65 mm of rainfall)