Overall, the room was nice but not what was communicated.
- Nice room and clean
DECEITFUL COMMUNICATION: Host’s communication was outright deceitful with me. I wrote her in advance asking if the circumstances at this property would accommodate a diagnosed disability and the host assured me that there would be no problem.
- Upon arrival, there was a complete lack of accommodation for my health issue which as a result, was compromised and I was barely able to use the property. We paid for three nights but left early in the first morning. We left her place in perfect condition.
- Expedia requested that the host refund me but the host was not amenable to making the situation right in any way. The host was uncooperative and lacking in professionalism (and human decency). I now question why Jelena’s place showed as available for weeks and I was able to rent it at the last minute.
- We had great experiences with other hosts in the rest of Croatia.
- NOISE: There was a lot of noise into the wee hours of the morning from drunk people hollering through the neighbourhood.
- CIGARETTE: The property had a strong cigarette odor saturated in the unit; their air fresheners did not help.
- My disability is recognized under the Human Rights Commissions in developed countries; I offered a doctor’s certificate in advance to support my needs. My experience shows that I would not trust this host again. Instead of a pleasant stay, I faced discrimination.