1) Not too far from the city....since it is located in remote corner of the city, with narrow lane, kind of isolated corner, gives an impression like too far. Not easy to get back to city, particularly in late night. I wonder at late night if a guest needs a milk or coffee or food for the kids how that will be met by the staff or some medical emergency.
2) But right on the banks of the lake - early morning to watch the sun rise is quite an experience. I was out there at 5 AM, no guest outside, alone only with a company of swans around, watching the sunrise and even little meditation ..wow ...worth the stay. Two days at the early morning, an elderly lady, alone in tiny boat rowing and fishing passing thru the sunrise at the background....is like a painting, only God can provide such a beautiful painting like scenery on huge canvas.
3) We took only breakfast and one time lunch - just ok, no complaints.
4) Staffs are very helpful and friendly.
5) Depends on you - could be romantic, best place for meditation, for painter and writers. Even just staying alone watching the lake, the beauty of the sunrise, house boat floating and passing by - brings peace of mind.
6) Arrived very early, the cab driver so honest with the charges as per Govt. approved rate from the railway station
7) Staff helped to provide temp room to refresh till they get the proper room.