My husband and I stayed two nights at this hotel last weekend. Our thoughts below:
* The hotel was within a 5 minute walk from a subway MRT station, which was very easy-to-find and convenient for us.
* There was a supermarket and a convenient store across the street. Right next to the hotel is a food stall that operates fairly late into the night.
* Our room was very clean, as everything from sheets to room decor was white.
* The room had very strong A/C. Room might get a bit cold, but the A/C can be turned off.
* Free and stable in-room WiFi.
* Breakfast was room service. Portions were small but good enough for us.
* Not the friendliest faces behind the reception desk. They weren't rude, but they had very serious faces that meant, "Don't bother me".
* The rooms were not connected to the hotel lobby, but had a separate entrance from outside. To me, it seemed that anyone, even non-guests, could pretty much walk up to the rooms. Even though there were many security cameras installed in the elevator and hallways, in terms of security, I'd feel safer if the entrance to the rooms is not that accessible.
* The walls are very thin, as we were able to clearly hear a guest coughing continuously for at least half-an-hour until midnight.
* The walls dividing the bed and the bathroom were made of glass. It was awkward when one of us had to use the toilet. Guests who are not couples may find this design very uncomfortable.