I got disappointed in Atas Awan, I expected much more from the place.
The reasons of my disappointement are numerous :
1) the place is in the mountain and is freezing, there’s NO heater in the rooms! So the rooms are maybe 17 degrees. There’s no hairdryer either, I just couldn’t believe it when I was looking for the heater and there was none. I went to do massage in there “spa” at night, no heater either, I had to stop it before I got pneumonia
2) the yoga room is wide open to the fresh air, but when the air is that cold you just can’t enjoy the 7am class, I was wearing socks and poncho
3) the yoga classroom was dirty, I mean they give what 1 or 2 classes a day and it wasn’t possible the clean the wild dogs paw marks on the floor ( the yoga room has no door)
4) the food is pretty poor, but that’s a mountain hotel so I cannot be too angry for that, except maybe the breakfast “fruits”, one slice of mandarin, and one slice of dry watermelon.
5) the view isn’t on rice fields but on salads , so I had view on greenhouses plastic.
6) the staff simply doesn’t speak English. Like really, they don’t. We asked for two hour massages body and feet, we got 2 hours massage on body only (I felt asleep and woke up surprised they wouldn’t do feet... my body is still in pain). We ask for only 1 boil egg additional, they bring us a full breakfast with egg, we want to plan a day tour it takes us 30 minutes to be understood, etc...