What's Santa Maria Maior like?
In Santa Maria Maior, you can spend time visiting the historical sites, gardens and waterfront. Enjoy the neighbourhood's ocean views and coffee shops. Nature lovers can visit Madeira Botanical Garden and Pregetter's Orchid Garden. There's plenty more to see, including Madeira Stadium and Funchal Farmers Market.
How to get to Santa Maria Maior
Santa Maria Maior is located 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the heart of Funchal.
- Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 7 mi (11.3 km) from Santa Maria Maior
Things to see and do in and around Santa Maria Maior
What to see in Santa Maria Maior
- Madeira Stadium
- Civic Center of Santa Maria Maior
- Pregetter's Orchid Garden
- Vila Guida Garden Viewpoint
- Complexo Balnear Barreirinha
Things to do in Santa Maria Maior
- Madeira Botanical Garden
- Funchal Farmers Market
When is the best time to visit Funchal?
- Hottest months: August, September, July, October (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: February, March, January, April (average 16°C)
- Rainiest months: January, November, December, February (average 98 mm of rainfall)