What's Gaushala like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of town to visit, look no further than Gaushala. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Pashupatinath Temple. Boudhanath and Durbar Marg are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Gaushala
Gaushala is located 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the heart of Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu (KTM-Tribhuvan Intl.), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from Gaushala
Things to see and do in and around Gaushala
Things to see near Gaushala:
- Pashupatinath Temple (0.2 mi/0.3 km away)
- Boudhanath (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Garden of Dreams (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Kathmandu Durbar Square (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
- Patan Durbar Square (2.8 mi/4.5 km away)
Things to do near Gaushala:
- Durbar Marg (1.8 mi/2.8 km away)
- Kathmandu Civil Mall (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Royal Nepal Golf Course (0.4 mi/0.7 km away)
- Narayanhity Palace Museum (1.8 mi/2.8 km away)
- Freak Street (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Kathmandu?
- Hottest months: May, June, April, July (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 12°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, June, September (average 157 mm of rainfall)