What's South Nags Head like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, look no further than South Nags Head. Take time to see places such as Bodie Island Lighthouse and Oregon Inlet Fishing Center while you're here. Jennette's Pier and Tanger Outlet Center are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to South Nags Head
South Nags Head is located 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the heart of Nags Head.
- Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from South Nags Head
Things to see and do in and around South Nags Head
What to see in South Nags Head
- Bodie Island Lighthouse
- Oregon Inlet Fishing Center
When is the best time to visit Nags Head?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 25°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 9°C)
- Rainiest months: August, July, June, September (average 130 mm of rainfall)