What's Big Shanty like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of town to visit, why not visit Big Shanty? Take time to see the sights such as IceForum while you're here. Town Center at Cobb and Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Big Shanty
Big Shanty is located 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the heart of Kennesaw.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), 27.5 mi (44.2 km) from Big Shanty
- Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from Big Shanty
- Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from Big Shanty
Things to see and do in and around Big Shanty
Things to see near Big Shanty:
- IceForum (0.2 mi/0.3 km away)
- Kennesaw State University (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park (4.7 mi/7.6 km away)
- Swift-Cantrell Park (3.7 mi/6 km away)
- Town Park Corporate Center (1 mi/1.6 km away)
Things to do near Big Shanty:
- Town Center at Cobb (0.8 mi/1.2 km away)
- Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History (2.7 mi/4.3 km away)
- Smith Gilbert Gardens (3.7 mi/6 km away)
- Woodstock Square (4.3 mi/6.9 km away)
- Dixie Speedway Inc (4.3 mi/7 km away)
When is the best time to visit Kennesaw?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 24°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 8°C)
- Rainiest months: February, March, January, May (average 121 mm of rainfall)