What's Navy Yard like?
If you want to find the perfect part of the city to explore, why not consider Navy Yard? Take a fun excursion to Nationals Park. Other popular sights worth a visit include Washington Navy Yard.
How to get to Navy Yard
Navy Yard is located 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the heart of Washington.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from Navy Yard
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) from Navy Yard
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from Navy Yard
Things to see and do in and around Navy Yard
Things to see near Navy Yard:
- Nationals Park (0.4 mi/0.6 km away)
- National Mall (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- White House (2.5 mi/4 km away)
- United States Capitol (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Capital One Arena (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
Things to do near Navy Yard:
- National Air and Space Museum (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Union Station Shopping Center (1.6 mi/2.5 km away)
- National Museum of African American History and Culture (2 mi/3.2 km away)
- Smithsonian's National Zoo (4.3 mi/7 km away)
- Eastern Market (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
When is the best time to visit Washington?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 24°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: May, June, July, September (average 97 mm of rainfall)