What's Avalon like?
If you're looking for the perfect area to explore, consider Avalon. San Francisco Zoo and Twin Peaks are a couple of the top places in the larger area worth a visit. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Golden Gate Park and Mission Dolores Park.
How to get to Avalon
Avalon is located 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the heart of South San Francisco.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from Avalon
- Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 13.1 mi (21 km) from Avalon
Things to see and do in and around Avalon
Things to see near Avalon:
- South San Francisco Convention Center (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Pacifica Pier (3.3 mi/5.3 km away)
- Rockaway Beach (4.2 mi/6.8 km away)
- Cow Palace (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
- Pacifica State Beach (4.7 mi/7.6 km away)
Things to do near Avalon:
- The Shops at Tanforan (1.1 mi/1.7 km away)
- Artichoke Joe's Casino (1.8 mi/2.9 km away)
- Serramonte Center (2.5 mi/4.1 km away)
- Millbrae Square Shopping Center (3.5 mi/5.6 km away)
- Westlake Shopping Center (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
When is the best time to visit South San Francisco?
- Hottest months: September, August, October, July (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 11°C)
- Rainiest months: January, February, December, March (average 97 mm of rainfall)