What's Downtown Washington D.C. like?
Downtown Washington D.C. is notable for its museums. Travellers like this walkable neighbourhood for its art scene. Top places to visit include Walter E. Washington Convention Center. There's plenty more to see, including CityCenterDC and Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library.
How to get to Downtown Washington D.C.
Downtown Washington D.C. is located 0.3 mi (0.6 km) from the heart of Washington.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from Downtown Washington D.C.
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI), 27.2 mi (43.9 km) from Downtown Washington D.C.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), 22.8 mi (36.7 km) from Downtown Washington D.C.
Getting to Downtown Washington D.C. on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- McPherson Sq. Station
- Center Station
- Gallery Place Chinatown Station
Things to see and do in and around Downtown Washington D.C.
What to see in Downtown Washington D.C.
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
- Freedom Plaza
- Lafayette Square
Things to do in Downtown Washington D.C.
- Historical Society of Washington D.C.
- Warner Theatre
- Ford's Theater
- National Theatre
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
Other popular Downtown Washington D.C. attractions
- National Portrait Gallery
- Capital One Arena
- National Geographic Museum
- National Archives
- Smithsonian Institution