What's Magnificent Mile like?
Visitors really like Magnificent Mile, especially its architecture, shops and riverfront access. Enjoy this scenic neighbourhood's museums and fantastic lake views, not to mention its many restaurants. If you're hunting for the perfect souvenir, head over to Michigan Avenue to shop. There's plenty more to see, including Chicago Water Tower and Water Tower Place.
How to get to Magnificent Mile
Magnificent Mile is located 1 mi (1.6 km) from the heart of Chicago.
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD), 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from Magnificent Mile
- Chicago Midway Airport (MDW), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from Magnificent Mile
- Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from Magnificent Mile
Things to see and do in and around Magnificent Mile
What to see in Magnificent Mile
- Chicago Water Tower
- Tribune Tower
- Historic Michael Jordan Restaurant
- Jean Baptiste Pointe Du Sable Homesite
Things to do in Magnificent Mile
- Michigan Avenue
- Water Tower Place
- Shops at North Bridge
- 900 North Michigan Shops
- Oak Street
When is the best time to visit Chicago?
- Hottest months: July, June, August, September (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average -1°C)
- Rainiest months: May, June, July, August (average 103 mm of rainfall)