What's Chinatown like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Chinatown, especially its restaurants and Chinatown. You can take time to discover this family-friendly neighbourhood's shops. McCormick Place and Soldier Field are a couple of the top places in the larger area worth a visit. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Grant Park and Willis Tower.
How to get to Chinatown
Chinatown is located 2 mi (3.3 km) from the heart of Chicago.
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD), 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from Chinatown
- Chicago Midway Airport (MDW), 7 mi (11.3 km) from Chinatown
- Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 22.8 mi (36.7 km) from Chinatown
Things to see and do in and around Chinatown
Things to see near Chinatown:
- McCormick Place (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)
- Soldier Field (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Grant Park (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Willis Tower (1.9 mi/3 km away)
- Art Institute of Chicago (2 mi/3.2 km away)
Things to do near Chinatown:
- Chicago Theatre (2.4 mi/3.8 km away)
- Michigan Avenue (2.8 mi/4.5 km away)
- Navy Pier (3.2 mi/5.1 km away)
- Arie Crown Theater (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Field Museum of Natural History (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
When is the best time to visit Chicago?
- Hottest months: July, June, August, September (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average -1°C)
- Rainiest months: May, June, July, August (average 103 mm of rainfall)