What's Near South Side like?
People go to Near South Side to see attractions such as Field Museum of Natural History and to explore its green spaces such as Grant Park.
Make sure that you enjoy this scenic neighbourhood's great restaurants. Soldier Field and McCormick Place are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
How to get to Near South Side
Near South Side is located 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the heart of Chicago.
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD), 16.9 mi (27.1 km) from Near South Side
- Chicago Midway Airport (MDW), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from Near South Side
- Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 23 mi (37 km) from Near South Side
Travelling to Near South Side by train
You'll find the following train stations in the neighbourhood:
- Chicago 18th Street Station
- Chicago McCormick Place Station
Getting to Near South Side on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Cermak-McCormick Place Station
- Roosevelt Station
Things to see and do in and around Near South Side
What to see in Near South Side
- Soldier Field
- McCormick Place
- Grant Park
- Wintrust Arena
- Lake Michigan
Things to do in Near South Side
- Arie Crown Theater
- Field Museum of Natural History
- State Street
- Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum
- Glessner House Museum