What's Newington like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Newington, especially its bars. Make sure that you enjoy this family-friendly neighbourhood's great restaurants. Take time to see the sights such as Old Vic while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include London Eye and London Bridge.
How to get to Newington
Newington is located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the heart of London.
- Heathrow Airport (LHR), 15.1 mi (24.2 km) from Newington
- London (LCY-London City), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from Newington
- Gatwick Airport (LGW), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from Newington
Things to see and do in and around Newington
Things to see near Newington:
- London South Bank University (0.2 mi/0.3 km away)
- London Eye (0.7 mi/1.2 km away)
- London Bridge (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
- Big Ben (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)
- Trafalgar Square (1.2 mi/2 km away)
Things to do near Newington:
- Old Vic (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Tower of London (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Buckingham Palace (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- O2 Arena (4.5 mi/7.3 km away)
- The British Museum (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
When is the best time to visit London?
- Hottest months: August, July, June, September (average 16°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, March, December (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: November, August, July, October (average 58 mm of rainfall)