What's Celio like?
In Celio, you can spend time exploring the historical sites, cafes and cathedrals. Learn about local heritage at top landmarks such as Colosseum. There's plenty more to see, including Gay Street and Roman Forum.
How to get to Celio
Celio is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the heart of Rome.
- Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 14 mi (22.5 km) from Celio
- Ciampino Airport (CIA), 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from Celio
Things to see and do in and around Celio
What to see in Celio
- Roman Forum
- Santi Quattro Coronati
- Appia Antica Archaeological Park
- Archaeological Area of Santa Croce in Jerusalem
Things to do in Celio
- Gay Street
- Museo delle Mura
Other popular Celio attractions
- Parco Celio
- Porta Portese
- Villa Celimontana
- Chiesa di San Gregorio Magno
- Church of Santa Maria in Tempulo
When is the best time to visit Rome?