What's Central West End like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Central West End, especially its restaurants and entertainment venues. Enjoy the neighbourhood's museums, theatre scene and opera. Take time to see places such as Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis and World Chess Hall of Fame while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include St. Louis Zoo and St. Louis Union Station.
How to get to Central West End
Central West End is located 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the heart of St. Louis.
- Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from Central West End
- St. Louis, MO (SUS-Spirit of St. Louis), 21 mi (33.9 km) from Central West End
Things to see and do in and around Central West End
What to see in Central West End
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis
- Forest Park
Things to do near Central West End:
- World Chess Hall of Fame (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- St. Louis Zoo (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- St. Louis Science Center (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Fox Theater (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- St. Louis Art Museum (2.1 mi/3.3 km away)
When is the best time to visit St. Louis?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 3°C)
- Rainiest months: May, June, April, November (average 108 mm of rainfall)