What's Downtown Harrisburg like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Downtown Harrisburg, especially its restaurants. Enjoy the neighbourhood's live music, theatre scene and entertainment venues. Families can spend quality time at Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts and State Museum of Pennsylvania. There's plenty more to see, including Pennsylvania State Capitol and Riverfront Park.
How to get to Downtown Harrisburg
Downtown Harrisburg is located 0.8 mi (1.4 km) from the heart of Harrisburg.
- Harrisburg, PA (MDT-Harrisburg Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from Downtown Harrisburg
- Harrisburg, PA (HAR-Capital City), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from Downtown Harrisburg
Things to see and do in and around Downtown Harrisburg
What to see in Downtown Harrisburg
- Pennsylvania State Capitol
- Riverfront Park
- State Library of Pennsylvania
- Forum Auditorium
- John Harris-Simon Cameron Mansion
Things to do in Downtown Harrisburg
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts
- Appalachian Brewing Company
- State Museum of Pennsylvania
- Popcorn Hat Players Children’s Theatre
- Strawberry Square
When is the best time to visit Harrisburg?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 2°C)
- Rainiest months: May, August, June, September (average 96 mm of rainfall)