What's Defence Colony like?
In Defence Colony, you can spend time visiting the shops or simply enjoy the restaurants. In the larger area, you'll find top places to visit such as Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple. Lajpat Nagar Central Market and Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Defence Colony
Defence Colony is located 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the heart of New Delhi.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), 9 mi (14.4 km) from Defence Colony
Things to see and do in and around Defence Colony
Things to see near Defence Colony:
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple (3.9 mi/6.2 km away)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (0.7 mi/1.2 km away)
- India Habitat Centre (1.3 mi/2 km away)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
- Nizamuddin Dargah (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
Things to do near Defence Colony:
- Lajpat Nagar Central Market (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Khan Market (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Sarojini Nagar Market (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Select CITYWALK (3.1 mi/4.9 km away)
- Kasturba Gandhi Marg (3.5 mi/5.6 km away)
When is the best time to visit New Delhi?
- Hottest months: May, June, April, July (average 31°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 17°C)
- Rainiest months: August, July, September, June (average 170 mm of rainfall)