What's Alwarpet like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Alwarpet, especially its restaurants. Enjoy fun activities in the neighbourhood such as swimming. Take time to see the sights such as Oz Golf Academy while you're here. Pondy Bazaar and Kapaleeswarar Temple are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Alwarpet
Alwarpet is located 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the heart of Chennai.
- Chennai International Airport (MAA), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from Alwarpet
Things to see and do in and around Alwarpet
Things to see near Alwarpet:
- Kapaleeswarar Temple (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Valluvar Kottam (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- Edward Elliot's Beach (2.7 mi/4.3 km away)
- Vadapalani Murugan Temple (2.8 mi/4.5 km away)
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (2.8 mi/4.6 km away)
Things to do near Alwarpet:
- Oz Golf Academy (0.2 mi/0.3 km away)
- Pondy Bazaar (1 mi/1.6 km away)
- Chennai Citi Center Mall (1.9 mi/3 km away)
- Spencer's Plaza Shopping Mall (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Raja Muthiah Hall (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Chennai?
- Hottest months: May, June, April, July (average 32°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, November (average 27°C)
- Rainiest months: November, October, September, December (average 302 mm of rainfall)