What's Georgetown like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Georgetown, especially its restaurants. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great shops. Take a campus tour or explore the area around Georgetown University. There's plenty more to see, including Georgetown Waterfront Park and Tudor Place.
How to get to Georgetown
Georgetown is located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the heart of Washington.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), 4.4 mi (7 km) from Georgetown
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) from Georgetown
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from Georgetown
Things to see and do in and around Georgetown
What to see in Georgetown
- Georgetown University
- Georgetown Waterfront Park
- Tudor Place
- Dumbarton House
- Volta Park
Things to do in Georgetown
- Dumbarton Oaks
- Cady's Alley
- Georgetown Park
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Veerhoff Galleries
Other popular Georgetown attractions
- Montrose Park
- Francis Scott Key Memorial Park
- Oak Hill Cemetery
- Old Stone House
- Whitehurst Freeway
When is the best time to visit Washington?