What's Batticaloa District like?
Batticaloa District is a relaxing place offering beach and seaside views. You can easily spend a relaxing day visiting Maduru Oya National Park and Gal Oya National Park. While you're here, stop by Tiruchendur Murugan Alayam Temple and Pasikuda Beach.
What is there to see near Batticaloa District?:
- Tiruchendur Murugan Alayam Temple (1.7 mi/2.8 km from the city centre)
- Pasikuda Beach (15.9 mi/25.5 km from the city centre)
- Maduru Oya National Park (38.7 mi/62.2 km from the city centre)
- Gal Oya National Park (44.8 mi/72.1 km from the city centre)
- Somawathie Chaitiya Sanctuary (46.6 mi/75 km from the city centre)
Other popular Batticaloa District attractions
- Wasgamuwa National Park
- Kallady Beach
- Batticaloa Market
- St Michael’s College
- Batticaloa Lagoon