What's Plaka like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Plaka, especially its cafes and museums. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great shops and bars. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Theatre of Dionysus and Tower of the Winds. There's plenty more to see, including Roman Agora and Museum of Greek Folk Art.
How to get to Plaka
Plaka is located 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the heart of Athens.
- Athens (ATH-Eleftherios Venizelos), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from Plaka
Things to see and do in and around Plaka
What to see in Plaka
- Theatre of Dionysus
- Tower of the Winds
- Roman Agora
- Choragic Monument of Lysicrates
- Church of Saint Catherine
Things to do in Plaka
- Museum of Greek Folk Art
- Adrianou Street
- Maria Callas Museum
- Technis Theater
- Philomousou Etairias Square
Other popular Plaka attractions
- Church of Saint Nikolaos Rangavas
- Dora Stratou Greek Dances Theater
- Frissiras Museum
- Museum of Greek Children's Art
- Athens University History Museum
When is the best time to visit Athens?