What's Lapa like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, look no further than Lapa. Take time to see places such as Praca da Cruz Vermelha and Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Arcos da Lapa and Circo Voador.
How to get to Lapa
Lapa is located 0.5 mi (0.9 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 8 mi (12.8 km) from Lapa
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from Lapa
Things to see and do in and around Lapa
What to see in Lapa
- Praca da Cruz Vermelha
- Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro
- Arcos da Lapa
Things to do near Lapa:
- Circo Voador (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Museum of Tomorrow (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Shopping Tijuca (3.3 mi/5.3 km away)
- Avenida Atlantica (4 mi/6.4 km away)
- Saara Rio (0.5 mi/0.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Rio de Janeiro?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 22°C)
- Rainiest months: January, December, March, February (average 170 mm of rainfall)