What's Mata de Plátano like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, why not visit Mata de Plátano? Beachcombers can spend the day at Luquillo Beach when the weather is nice. There's plenty more to see, including Yunke Zipline Adventures and Azul Beach.
How to get to Mata de Plátano
Mata de Plátano is located 1.3 mi (2 km) from the heart of Luquillo.
- San Juan (SJU-Luis Munoz Marin Intl.), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from Mata de Plátano
- Vieques (VQS-Antonio Rivera Rodriguez), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from Mata de Plátano
- Culebra (CPX-Benjamin Rivera Noriega), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) from Mata de Plátano
Things to see and do in and around Mata de Plátano
What to see in Mata de Plátano
- Luquillo Beach
- Azul Beach
- Playa Fortuna
- La Pared Beach
- Balneario La Monseratte
Things to do near Mata de Plátano:
- Carabali Rainforest Park (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Wyndham Rio Mar Casino (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit Luquillo?
- Hottest months: August, September, July, June (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: February, January, March, December (average 26°C)
- Rainiest months: September, October, May, November (average 157 mm of rainfall)