What's Defence Colony like?
In Defence Colony, you can spend time visiting the shops or simply enjoy the restaurants. India Gate and Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple are a couple of the top places in the larger area worth a visit. Lajpat Nagar Central Market and Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Defence Colony
Defence Colony is located 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the heart of New Delhi.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), 9 mi (14.4 km) from Defence Colony
Things to see and do in and around Defence Colony
Things to see near Defence Colony:
- India Gate (2.8 mi/4.5 km away)
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple (3.9 mi/6.2 km away)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (0.7 mi/1.2 km away)
- India Habitat Centre (1.3 mi/2 km away)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
Things to do near Defence Colony:
- Lajpat Nagar Central Market (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Khan Market (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Sarojini Nagar Market (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Select CITYWALK (3.1 mi/4.9 km away)
- DLF Avenue Saket (3.2 mi/5.2 km away)
When is the best time to visit New Delhi?
- Hottest months: May, June, April, July (average 38°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 23°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, September, June (average 130 mm of rainfall)